We are excited to provide an update on the effort to secure a box van truck with tents, tarps, and generators all to go to Haiti for earthquake relief:
- We found and purchased a beautiful Freightliner with a 26′ box van and a hydraulic tailgate on Friday. The seller wanted to help the cause and sold it to us for about 1/3 of its worth.
- With help from The Home Depot and Amazon, we secured 98 tarps, 68 tents, 88 sleeping mats, 300 5 gallon buckets, 186 bed sheets, and 8 generators.
- Samaritan’s Feet donated 1200 pairs of shoes that were picked up in Charlotte on Tuesday.
- Randy Braswell and his wife, Debbie, volunteered to drive the truck and merchandise to the port in Miami and arrived safely yesterday.
- The ship is scheduled to sail tomorrow with the truck and supplies on board and to be unloaded in Miragoane, Haiti on Monday, September 13th.
The truck and its contents will be an incredible blessing to the people of SW Haiti. Thanks to God and all the people who pitched in to make this happen so quickly. More tents are needed and we will continue to air freight them to Haiti as we receive further funds to buy and ship them. With freight to our partners on the ground, a family tent costs us about $250 each. Your gifts make it possible for these families to have shelter from the rain in the months ahead.
As a reminder, tickets for our Give Hope Gala & Auction are NOW on sale. The 8th Annual Give Hope Gala and Silent Auction is scheduled to be in-person at 6 PM on November 6, 2021 at The Westin Charlotte. Last year’s virtual event was a tremendous success and we are excited to again offer a virtual Gala opportunity for those that are more comfortable supporting Give Hope from home. Our live charity auction will return to this year’s program along with the silent auction, stories of hope and an update on the work we are doing to impact the lives of children and young adults.
- To PURCHASE tickets for the 8th Annual Give Hope Gala, click here.
- To DONATE a silent auction item, email Karrie at email@example.com
- To VOLUNTEER at the 8th Annual Give Hope Gala & Auction, email Karrie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your continued support and we hope to see you on November 6th.
Roger and Angela
There are three ways to donate to assist with the earthquake relief:
- Text haitiearthquake to 44-321
- Visit givehopeglobal.org/donate
- Mail to Give Hope Global PO Box 2071 Fort Mill SC 29716