How Do I Pay For My Sponsorship?
Give Hope Global
PO Box 2071
Fort Mill, SC 29716
Can I Communicate With My Child?
Helpful Tips for Writing to Your Child:
- keep the letters simple and to one page
- include pictures of your family – the children love seeing who sponsors them!
- ask questions about the child
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What are your friends’ names?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- What do you want to do when you grow up?
- share about your life and family
- be sensitive to the poverty that has surrounded these children their whole lives and don’t write about your material possessions or elaborate vacations (ie. it’s okay to say that you went to the beach or mountains with your family but do not say you went on a 7 day cruise or took a trip to Europe)
- talk about bringing the child to the United States, even for a visit
- give the child your home address, email or telephone number
**We do not encourage you to connect with your child on social media. Most of the children do have access and use this as a way to make American friends. However, this turns into asking for money, electronics, etc. If you do choose to connect, please use caution and know you will be asked for things.
Will I Receive Anything From My Child?
Can I Send Gifts or Money?
Please do not send money to your child! Give Hope provides for all of the children’s needs through the sponsorship program. Even sending small amounts of cash to the child directly is not a good idea. $5 is A LOT of money for a Haitian and could put the child at risk of having it stolen.
Please do not send gifts to your child except for what is specifically requested to be included in the care packages. Sending phones, laptops, and other expensive items puts the child at risk of having it stolen. If you have questions about whether an item is okay to send, please ask!