I am writing this update as I travel to Haiti thirteen days after the earthquake that struck SW Haiti. With me are Give Hope Co-Founder, Angela Quinn; Medical Co-Director, Dr. Lillian Ferdinands; and Construction Advisor, Rob Bolo.
Our primary objectives on this trip include:
- Ensuring that our students, staff, widows and their families are taken care of with regard to food, water, shelter and medical attention.
- Assessing any damage to our facilities and determining next steps for repairs.
- Assuring that we continue to provide as much support as possible to other organizations working in the relief effort.
- Making plans to get our students and teachers back to our schools for the fall semester.
- Working with our Haitian physician and health care workers to make sure our Community Health Program continues to be impactful in the days ahead.
- Encouraging our Haitian staff and students and assuring them that we will all continue to stand with them as they focus on transforming their part of the world.
I would also like to update you on our recent efforts.
- Team Rubicon continues to treat patients at the main hospital in Les Cayes. Long time Give Hope supporter and Orthopedic PA, Andrew Patterson, arrived in Les Cayes on Tuesday and is working alongside Team Rubicon.
- Give Hope shipped 38 large boxes of medical supplies and tents to Les Cayes which should arrive while our team is in-country.
- We continue to ship items as we receive them or purchase them. Please keep the tents and tarps coming. The link to the Amazon wish list is below.
- Our Haitian team continues to collaborate with other organizations and provide support in the areas of transportation, translation and housing.
- Pastor Louis and ESMI have been instrumental in food distribution efforts by providing food and using the pastors of their church network to distribute it orderly and thoughtfully.
Your support makes all of Give Hope’s work possible. If you feel led to support our earthquake relief efforts, we have several options available to you:
- Text haitiearthquake to 44-321
- Visit givehopeglobal.org/donate
- Mail to Give Hope Global PO Box 2017 Fort Mill SC 29716
- Amazon Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/
wishlist/ls/LI2GRBRZQ7SJ?ref_= wl_share&fbclid=IwAR2_ 91TCv4V7e1KQtX596yR9o- PbFz9DHG-hCQY70uM8lzkvj- k7gMTL8Hc
Thank you for your prayers for our safety and effectiveness while we are serving those that we care so deeply for.
Roger and Angela